Monday, December 10, 2012

Challenge Completed: 2nds Challenge 2012



Remember back in January when I signed up to participate in a ridiculous number of 17 reading challenges? (For those unfamiliar with the notion of reading challenges, they are the literary equivalent of fantasy football.)  Among the challenges I completed this year was the 2nds Challenge, hosted by A Few More Pages at A Few More Challenges. 

The purpose of this challenge was to read a second book by an author we had previously enjoyed, or the second in a series. My goal was the "a few more bites" level, which were these 6 books. Links take you to my reviews: 






3.  The Life All Around Me by Ellen Foster, by Kaye Gibbons 


4.  Blue Nights, by Joan Didion 


5.  The Time Traveler’s Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger (audio)


6.  The Lola Quartet, by Emily St. John Mandel 

I haven't seen this challenge offered yet for 2013 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but if it is, I'll likely be participating again.


I am an Amazon.com Affiliate. Making a purchase via any of the Amazon.com links on The Betty and Boo Chronicles will result in my earning a small percentage in commission, which will be used to support the upkeep of this blog, as well as the real-life versions of Betty and Boo. Thank you!

copyright 2012, Melissa, The Betty and Boo Chronicles. If you are reading this on a blog or website other than The Betty and Boo Chronicles or via a feedreader, this content has been stolen and used without permission.

1 comment:

Sue Jackson said...

Oh, that sounds like a good one - I often plan to go back to an author I liked but never get around to it.

But 17 challenges??? Wow. I signed up for 5 in 2012 (only my second year doing any challenges at all) and still have a lot to read in the next few weeks! lol

Sue

Book By Book